Friday 6 June 2014

Clean and Simple ( CAS) - New Challange at the Stamping Dragon challange Blog


Hello all,



Good Morning and welcome to my scrapbooking blog.

I am posting my new CAS scrapbook page for our new challenge (begins today) and what a challenge. Our sponsors are Stamping Dragon Designs and for the lucky winner a voucher to spend in the fab on-line store.




As the title suggests we had to create a Clean and Simple card / scrap-page etc which meant keeping the embellishments to a minimum.

I just realised when I set up my post that my lovely white border  doesn't show up to well on the blog, but I 'll try to rework the post so you can see the impact that negative space can have on your project.  I also wanted to use some big punchy impact colours that would work with the  negative space, but not too much colour. The SDD At the Beach paper pack provided just that.


So my Scrap-page is a 12x12 white background with a square of the orange and blue circles paper matted to the centre. A secon square of soft green paper, also from SDD, was matted onto the patterned paper but set at an angel to create interest. I then added the butterfly photo ( courtesy of hubby) and then created the sentiment in Photoshop to match ( I hope) the image. An added splash of colour was created with the blue flower, which I drew by hand and coloured with my Photoshop 'brush and watercolours'.  You get the jist of how I made the scrap-page, but I am still miffed that the border is not showing up as well as I would have wished.

  Just when the caterpiller thought the world was over,
it changed into a 
Butterfly


So now it is up to you. For inspiration have a look at the DT Makes on the challenge blog   at  Stamping Dragon.Visit any of the links below to check out SDD,  on Facebook and related sites.

Don't forget to check out the blog and challenge rules when you post your make, as it pains us to have to exclude any project because of the rules.   Looking forward to seeing the makes so get the crafting hats on and start crafting.


Thanks for stopping by to read aand comment. Your time and comments are appreciated.








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...